Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Mantel!

I finally got out of my funk and got around to doing something with the mantel for Christmas!  Seeing that we don't have a lot of Christmas decor out here in Iowa, I tried to be creative with things that I already had.   I used lots of brown burlap, some berries and greenery I already owned and just cut out some white tissue paper snowflakes for the framed burlap.  Added some white lights nestled into the burlap (which my dad totally would not approve of- FIRE HAZARD!) I also made a little advent calendar out of scrapbooking paper, a black sharpie, and some old weathered clothespins from the line in the back yard!  I took these pictures in the middle of the day- so not a whole lot of ambience going on from the lights, but you get the idea!  Hope you like!  





We might get our tree today from the Christmas tree lot up the road (haha)...if I can get my hubby to stop watching all that football that's on TV!  

We got our first snow and couple days ago...it finally feels like winter!  Asked for some cute new snow boots for Christmas- gotta keep those tootsies warm!  Oh yeah- before I go I will show you the chalkboard I finished for above Wyatt's little activity table....


He has gotten pretty good at singing his ABCs!  Will be back to show you our Christmas Tree early this next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment