Monday, October 11, 2010

Lamp Revamp

So you don't really like that plain ol' black lamp that you've had since college, but can't afford a new one...?  Try a new look for very few $!  My grandma taught me that you CAN paint pretty much anything, although I'm sure I'm not the expert she is!  This project required a can of primer spray paint, a can of Rustoleum "Oregano" spray paint and a little sandpaper.  All of which I either had or purchased but am also using for other projects (more on that later).  A $1.50 natural woven trim added to the lampshade with craft glue and a little paint and I feel like I have a new lamp!  A little distressed and a little more contemporary than the plain black!  Don't be afraid to paint something you love that's the wrong color or just something you can't really afford to get rid of- a little elbow grease and your husband will think you went shopping!




More on my other projects tomorrow! Night!


2 comments:

  1. please come to my house and tell me what to do with my lamps. i hate them....but not enough to buy brand new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lacey- the possibilities are endless! Spray paint is your best friend!

    ReplyDelete